Monday 14 February 2011

This heart, it beats, beats for only you.

Happy valentines day

For a valentines inspired post, i thought it was fitting to show the gorgeous gold heart locket i have recently received which was originally my great grandmothers but given to me by my mum! The watch in the locket is actually upside down so you can look at it when your actually wearing it around your neck which makes me think it was actually used to tell the time rather than worn for show! It doesn't have a chain but i am looking for one so i can wear it, the chain will have to be thin but strong as well as the heart is quite heavy, also i think a thinner chain will suit the locket much better, i will probably wear it for special occasions only as it is a one off vintage piece and i definitely don't want to risk wrecking it, ahhhh i just LOVE it :)







9 comments:

  1. aw bless that locket is adorable :) x

    intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its lovely isnt it :) just checking out your blog as we speak x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The locket is beautiful (:
    I think a thin chain would really suit it and look devine.
    The fact that is will always have sentimental value is lovely (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) trying to find the perfect thin chain so I can start wearing it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! It must be lovely owning something with such history :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sophie I was made up when my mum gave it to me but i am genuinely terrified i will lose it or damage it urghhh! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that heart locket is simply charming, I love it <3


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that's such a lovely thing to receive!
    Hand-me-downs are always wonderful,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete